Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Universe within launched on App Store for the iPad!

We released our Global Game Jam game "universe within" on Apple App Store for the iPad! (My first ever app on the App Store!!)

It's much better to play the game on the iPad making use of the accelerometer (than trying to til your Mac book). Also the screen resolution made it a natural fit for the iPad. A tweaked iPhone version may follow later.

You can find in on iTunes here - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/universe-within/id523392835?ls=1&mt=8 - or search for "universe within" from App Store on the iPad.

As I had mentioned before I had played around with porting a HTML5 canvas based game onto iOS using AppMobi's open source DirectCanvas. This time I went all the way and ported our game to the iPad and released it on the App Store. Also this time it was a slightly more complicated application using the accelerometer and touch for the menu but it was fairly straightforward to get the code working with DirectCanvas.

I haven't had the time to post any of the technical details of the porting process. Drop me a line if you are interested in knowing more about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment